After the patient has been diagnosed with a concussion, an appointment for post concussion testing can be made. A multidimensional assessment will be conducted, including a thorough history, assessment of symptoms, and neurocognitive, balance and oculomotor assessment. The results from these assessments will aid the clinicians in developing a plan for return-to-learn and return-to-play. These sessions will be conducted at Mt. Olive Family Medicine Center.
A few items are important to understand regarding post concussion testing...
- This session can take up to two hours. The caretaker should prepare to be patient and supportive during this important, but extended process.
- Patients must have suffered a sport-related concussion. No motor vehicle accident or work-related injuries will be seen.
- The visit will be filed through your insurance, but all co-pays will need to be provided at the time of visit.
- Patients must be at least 12 years of age
- Referrals from other providers are welcome. You do not have to be an established patient with Mt. Olive Family Medicine or Neuro Active prior to post-concussion testing. A baseline test is useful, but not essential, to a post concussion test.